Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Tuesday July 12, 2016

Language:

Beginner:
So many kanji! The Beginner class learned more kanji, and began to write haikus with our knowledge of seasonal words. I’m no Matsuo Basho (a famous Japanese poet), but I did manage to write quite the beautiful piece. We also learned how to use past-tense adjectives, and combined them with our knowledge of past-tense verbs.

-Molly


Calligraphy/Tea Ceremony:

Today everyone in the academy had a taste of Japanese calligraphy and the tea ceremony. We were split into groups, and those doing calligraphy got to write their favorite kanji on rice paper, whereas those doing the tea ceremony learned its process, history, and even got to reenact it by drinking matcha and eating okashi. It was an interesting part of Japanese culture, and perhaps when I return home I might have a tea ceremony of my own!

-Mirai
















1 comment:

  1. Hi Very Nice Blog I Have Read Your Post It Is Very Informative And Useful Thanks For Posting And Sharing With Us And Your Writting Style Is Very Nice And Please Give Me More Information.
    Japanese language learning

    ReplyDelete