Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Wednesday July 6, 2016

Language:

Beginner:
When I get home, I’m going to tell my mom to take me to a Japanese market because I can finally read off of menus! (*Insert cheers from crowd*) With our newly expanded knowledge of katakana we were also able to translate Japanese advertisements. Tonight, guest speaker, Brown Sensei gave a talk on religion in Japan, and I was able to even translate a few words!
-Molly


Intermediate/Advanced:
In class today, the intermediate and advanced classes continued their review/study of potential form grammar. Along with new vocabulary we learned about Tanabata activities, we worked in pairs to create a kaiwa (conversation) describing the instructions for playing traditional games like suika wari (splitting the watermelon). I can’t wait for tomorrow’s festival to utilize the new phrases we learned.
-Olivia










1 comment:

  1. おたふく、おたふく、それ!それ!それ!

    ReplyDelete